Did you know that Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America, spanning more than 1 million square feet of floor space at the McCormick Place? Yup, it’s a big deal!
The Chicago Auto Show is a great place to connect with the consumer, but surprisingly it is the women who are driving vehicle purchase decisions in their homes.
Here are a few facts:
- Women are equal to the male attendees, closing the gender gap in attendance at the Chicago Auto Show.
- 1/2 of show attendees are female.
- The primary buyers of cars are women, despite the male-dominated industry
- Women make 85% of the purchase decisions (That’s HUGE). We do like so shop! *Flips Hair*
What Drives Her Panel Discussion
The panel moderated by Bridget Brennan. Bridget Brennan is the Founder and CEO of Female Factor. She is a #GirlBoss!
The panel participants included: Kathy Gilbert, CDK Global Director os sales, and business development. Candice Crane, Hireoloy, vice president of dealer solutions, and Jody Hal, Steel Market Development Institute vice president, automotive market.
Most of all, I was honored to be in the same room with inspirational women.
Some takeaways from the panel:
- Women’s Economic Power is Rising:
- 40% of U.S. households with kids under 18 include a mother who is either the primary or sole breadwinner
- Women control 51% of all wealth in the U.S.
- Women hold 52% of all management, professional, and related occupations in the U.S.
Change is hapening and your voice can be heard. – Kathy Gilbert, CDK Global director of sales and business development
I learned a lot from the amazing panel of women at the #WhatDrivesHer luncheon. Most importantly, women are the world’s most influential consumers. The world is starting to notice how important our voices are. Women drive word of mouth publicity, and we can help influence purchases. We are #GirlBosses!
Are you attending the Chicago Auto Show this Year?
This post is in collaboration with She Buys Cars. All thoughts and opinions are my own.